Mailing List Archive

WinDRBD, how to enable resource up on boot
Tried to find anywhere else, not really proficient in Windows.

I have two backing devices on linux servers, which works well with
linux diskless clients. Now I'm trying to achieve the same with Win
2019 Server diskless. It works but I have to manually bring the
resource up and make it primary after each reboot. Can't figure out
how to stick it. Did I miss something?

Here is the dumped config:

resource win {
on combo {
node-id 1;
volume 1 {
device minor 1;
disk none;
}
address ipv4 10.10.3.100:7799;
}
on drbd-01 {
node-id 2;
volume 1 {
device /dev/drbd1 minor 1;
disk /dev/soft/win;
meta-disk internal;
}
address ipv4 10.10.3.3:7799;
}
on drbd-02 {
node-id 3;
volume 1 {
device /dev/drbd1 minor 1;
disk /dev/soft/win;
meta-disk internal;
}
address ipv4 10.10.3.4:7799;
}
connection-mesh {
hosts drbd-01 drbd-02 combo;
}
net {
protocol C;
}
}
Re: WinDRBD, how to enable resource up on boot [ In reply to ]
Hi,

You can write a simple cmd script (drbdadm up / drbdadm primary)
and have it executed via task manager at system startup time.
(try cmd /c myscript.cmd)

Alternatively you can use LINSTOR For Windows which also
will start the resource on satellite startup (which is started
also on system startup). With LINSTOR you can also manage
mixed Linux/Windows environments, so if you plan to
have more than one resource one day it can be very helpful.

Best regards,

- Johannes