Mailing List Archive

drbd-utils v9.25.0
Dear DRBD users,

this is version 9.25.0 of drbd-utils. There is no too urgent need to
upgrade if the latest stable release works for you. For your convenience
the summaries of the two RCs:

The most important new feature is a major update of drbdmon that is now
able to interact with resources (i.e., run drbd-utils commands on them).
The rest are improvements like putting lock files to a separate
directory and some SELinux improvements. drbdmeta got some new
subcommands to dump/hexdump the superblock which will be needed in the
future for LINSTOR.

There was one "breaking" change between RC1 and RC2: The format of
"drbdsetup show --json" for meta-data information changed. For indexed
external meta data which basically nobody uses anyways we generated a
key/value pair like: '"/path/to/dev/": 3'. This certainly was not on
purpose and we now generate:
"meta-disk": "/path/to/dev",
"meta-disk-index": 3

Note that "show --json" (in contrast to "status --json") always only was
as good as we needed it for our internal CI pipelines. Given the
basically "unparsable" key I really assume nobody uses the old broken
format.

Regards, rck

GIT: https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd-utils/commit/bb297231c27690a31bf527e8bf77dca1fc2ce268
TGZ: https://pkg.linbit.com//downloads/drbd/utils/drbd-utils-9.25.0.tar.gz
PPA: https://launchpad.net/~linbit/+archive/ubuntu/linbit-drbd9-stack

Changelog:
9.25.0
* drbdmeta: {hex,}dump superblock
* drbdmon: major rewrite
* build: gcc v12 cleanups
* misc: put locks into separate dir
* selinux: add fowner fsetsid, they dropped a global noaudit rule
* drbdsetup,v9,show: fix meta disk format for json
* drbdmon: various updates
* build: fix RHEL6 spec builds