--
Alles, was viel bedacht wird, wird bedenklich!;-)
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Kernel 6.1 [ In reply to ]
Am 19.12.22 um 13:25 schrieb Elimar Riesebieter:
> Hi all,
>
> will drbd-9 be merged into linux 6.1 and 5.15?
>
> Thanks for investigation
> Elimar

I wish ;)

What we are doing right now is (the verify first steps of) preparing for
an eventual upstreaming of DRBD 9.

But that is a huge process (10+ years of intense development history to
"replay"), so this effort will probably take another good while.

And of course we also have lots of other tasks that require attention;
we still need to put bread on the table after all.

--
Christoph Böhmwalder
LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running
Re: Kernel 6.1 [ In reply to ]
I stumbled over this today, too. AFAIU linstor won't work without drbd9,
i.e. in case of emergency I have to either rely upon a 3rd-party kernel
module, or build the drbd9 module on my own, hoping the code still builds.

This is a pretty high risk for a production system.

Regards

Harri