Mailing List Archive

oops on 2.2.19, reiserfs and cvs version of drbd
I've been testing out the latest cvs version of drbd. I created a
half=gig filesystem, put reiserfs-3.5.34 on it, go the two halves
connected, all was well.

I've been testing the system by running bonnie++ on one node, while
randomly rebooting the secondary. All worked fine while it was in the
Syncing All state (it would reconnect and start Syncing All all over
again). When it was fully syncronised, I started running bonnie++ again,
pressed reset on the secondary, and OOPS! it's a dead thing. I brought
the secondary back up, tried doing a /etc/rc.d/init.d/drbd start (no
good). drbd reconnect fails to work on either the primary or the
secondary.

Attached is an oops, plus my config file.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Disclaimer:

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the named recipient.
Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender,
and not of dotWAP.com Pty Ltd. Any unauthorised use, dissemination,
forwarding or reproduction of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

dotWAP.com Pty Ltd does not warrant that this e-mail is free from viruses
or other corruptions and is not liable to the recipient or any other
party should any virus or other corruption be present in this e-mail.
RE: oops on 2.2.19, reiserfs and cvs version of drbd [ In reply to ]
>I've been testing out the latest cvs version of drbd. I created a
>half=gig filesystem, put reiserfs-3.5.34 on it, go the two halves
>connected, all was well.

>I've been testing the system by running bonnie++ on one node, while
>randomly rebooting the secondary. All worked fine while it was in the
>Syncing All state (it would reconnect and start Syncing All all over
>again). When it was fully syncronised, I started running bonnie++ again,
>pressed reset on the secondary, and OOPS! it's a dead thing. I brought
>the secondary back up, tried doing a /etc/rc.d/init.d/drbd start (no
>good). drbd reconnect fails to work on either the primary or the
>secondary.

However your special problem is founded - is no good idea to use this
early versions of reiserfs with drbd. we'd some inconsistencys in last
couple of week that ends in kernel panics while using reiserfs.
(in our case messy was related to PAMD-1001 and ReiserFS while accessing
certain files).

We'd to fix it with reiserfsck --rebuild-tree. Not fine. Both nodes were
down
and it took its time :O(.

This is a special problem using distributed devices. if a failure e.g.
in the filesystem cauzes a kernel panic on 1st node an it dies then the,
which does a normal fsck that can't fix this problem, will die soon too !!!

That's not HA .O)_ !!!!!

So we went back to ext2 and all works fine now.

Michael Appeldorn
RE: oops on 2.2.19, reiserfs and cvs version of drbd [ In reply to ]
I had the same oops with 2.2.19 and 6.1pre7. Test scenario was nearly the
same.

/Wolfram