Mailing List Archive

RE: What are essential differences between DRBD and In terMezzo?
From what I read in the documentation, Intermezzo is working on top of a
filesystem and can distribute this to several clients. Drbd is working on
top of a block device and therefore offers a high-available block device to
the user. This allows e.g. to run database raw-devices on Drbd, which should
not be possible with Intermezzo.
Drbd offers mechanisms to integrate disk mirroring with HA management
software like 'heartbeat', I found no hint about that in the Intermezzo
documentation.

There might be a lot of other differences but these are my two cents.

/Wolfram