start drbd with /etc/rc.d/init.d/drbd start, it is primary for both nodes.

I would be a nice featuare if it could say in drbd.conf, which resource to start as primary and
which to start as secondary. Is something like this possible?

mfg ar

--
mailto:andreas@example.com
http://www.rittershofer.de
PGP-Public-Key http://www.rittershofer.de/ari.htm
RE: start drbd with load balancing [ In reply to ]
This is not controlled by drbd but by heartbeat, therefor no need to put it
in drbd.conf. After synchronization during startup, drbd puts both nodes as
secondary and waits until heartbeat takes control.
You have to edit the /etc/ha.d/haresources file to determine which
application runs preferably on which node

e.g.:
node1 172.20.1.1 drbd0 httpd
node2 172.20.2.1 drbd1 smb

/Wolfram

RE: start drbd with load balancing [ In reply to ]
On 12 Nov 01, at 9:14, Weyer, Wolfram wrote:

> This is not controlled by drbd but by heartbeat, therefor no need to put
> it in drbd.conf. After synchronization during startup, drbd puts both
> nodes as secondary and waits until heartbeat takes control. You have to
> edit the /etc/ha.d/haresources file to determine which application runs
> preferably on which node

So heartbeat decides via haresources which node is primary for which resource?

RE: start drbd with load balancing [ In reply to ]
Yep!
If the primary (which is defined as the preferred node in the haresources
file) fails the resources are moved to the secondary. If the failed node
comes back the resources are moved back to this preferred node. I think
there is an option that disables this graceful failback, but I haven't found
it in the config files.

/Wolfram