Sloan Digital Sky Survey, Fermilab 630.840.6509
yocum@example.com, http://www.sdss.org
SDSS. Mapping the Universe.
Re: new info in /proc/drbd? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 03:49:08PM -0500, yocum@example.com wrote:

> It's been a while since I've used/looked at drbd and I see
> Philipp has added some new and exciting (undocumented?) fields
> in /proc/drbd.... what are the 'pe' and 'ua' fields? Am I
> reading the code right and these are 'pending' and 'user
> access'?

Hi Dan,

Check the archives, this was also asked 2 days ago. =)

--
.--. Michael J. Maravillo office://+63.2.894.3592/
( () ) Q Linux Solutions, Inc. mobile://+63.917.897.0919/
Re: new info in /proc/drbd? [ In reply to ]
* yocum@example.com <yocum@fnal.gov> [011025 22:49]:
> Hi all,
>
> It's been a while since I've used/looked at drbd and I see Philipp has added
> some new and exciting (undocumented?) fields in /proc/drbd.... what are the
> 'pe' and 'ua' fields? Am I reading the code right and these are 'pending'
> and 'user access'?

pe = pending count = number of ack packets I expect.
ua = unacked count = number of ack packets I have to send.

They are rather useless for the administrator.

With protocol B you can see sometimes ua=1 ... This is when the node got
a barrier packet und must wait until all the open write requests are done.

With protocol C you see the number of open write requests in the ua number.

-Philipp