EADS Defence and Security Networks
jean-yves.bouet@example.com
01 34 60 86 36
RE: drbd script [ In reply to ]
Jean-Yves,
this command is called when drbd is initialized. In order to do a resynch
one node has to be in primary state. However, this is only the first step of
startup. It ensures that both nodes are in sync. It then uses this
"remote_secondary" to set both nodes back to "secondary".
In the second startup stage the "heartbeat" software decides which node is
intended to be active and calls the "datadisk" script to switch the
appropriate node to "primary".

Just my two cents,
Wolfram

Re: drbd script [ In reply to ]
In case heartbeat mounted something on the device in the meantime,
secondary_remote will fail silently. But you need it in case that
heartbeat passes out the roles the other way round.

-Phlipp

* Jean-Yves Bouet - 78636 <jean-yves.bouet@example.com> [011019 16:02]: