Mailing List Archive

Release 0.5.6 out soon
Hi

I have just uploaded drbd-0.5.6-pre1.tar.gz

0.5.6
-----
No updates to the mirroring core. (It seems to be stable)
A lot of updates to the "user interface"
*) Better log-messages and better messages of drbdsetup.
*) Fixed a few crashes of drbdsetup/ioctl interface.
*) It is not longer possible to use an already mounted partition.
*) It's possible to unconfigure a drbd device now.
*) Fixed the "infinite error messages" when a wrong disk size was given.
A better datadisk script (Thomas Mangin contributed this, thanks)
Some work on the protocol:
*) Cleanup
*) Added automatic reconnect
*) An intace connection is monitored by "ping" packets, thus
a secondary will notice a broken connection immediately.
Found and fixed a 64 Bits problem in the bitmap based syncer.

--------

If there are not any show-stoppers turning up, I will rename it to
drbd-0.5.6.tar.gz soon.

-Philipp