Hi,

Just another SHORT question - ??

What versions of DRBD and linux kernel will work at present ???

I am eager to try this out and see if it will help me ??

Many thanks :)

Tonino

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com
Re: More newbie questions :) [ In reply to ]
The current release (0.5.8) works with Linux-2.2.x

The code in CVS is supposed to work with Linux-2.2.x and Linux-2.4.x.

To my knowledge CVS code currently works with 2.4.x but I have not yet
tested the syncer (since the syncer starts syncing at the end of the
devices, my test partitions are bigger than 2GB and UML has a big
problem in providing block devices bigger than 2GB.)

-Philipp

* Tonino Greco <tag@example.com> [010816 14:14]:

RE: More newbie questions :) [ In reply to ]
Hi,

ok thanks - BUT after compile of 2.2.19 kernel and re-make of DRBD on the
install I get :

/sbin/depmod -a
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.19/block/drbd.o

and if I try a insmod :

drbd: Unable to get major 43
drbd/drbd.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters

I am a bit fuddled ????

Thanks all :)

Tonino

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com
Re: More newbie questions :) [ In reply to ]
You need to disable the nbd (Network-Block-Device) in your kernel
configuration and rebuild the kernel.

-Philipp

* Tonino Greco <tag@example.com> [010817 10:00]:

RE: More newbie questions :) [ In reply to ]
thanks

got it - will recompile kernel :)

Thanks
Tonino

It seems you have compiled the Kernel with network block device support
enabled.

Greetings
R. Karschnick

----------
ok thanks - BUT after compile of 2.2.19 kernel and re-make of DRBD
on the
install I get :

/sbin/depmod -a
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.19/block/drbd.o

and if I try a insmod :

drbd: Unable to get major 43
drbd/drbd.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters

I am a bit fuddled ????

Thanks all :)

Tonino