Mailing List Archive

Roundcube <-> DBMail - New feature with caching
Hello everybody.

Just a quick head up to notify you that we've just release a new version
of the roundcube <-> dbmail plugin integration who features message
caching in local roundcube database.

This new features makes the integration even faster, while not
introducing any gap in the visibility of new messages and such.

If anyone is willing to try it, let me know.

The url is still https://github.com/skeyby/roundcube-dbmail

Have fun.
--

Andrea Brancatelli
Schema31 S.p.a.

ROMA - FIRENZE - PALERMO
ITALY
Tel: +39. 06.98.358.472
Cell: +39 331.2488468
Fax: +39. 055.71.880.466
Società del Gruppo SC31 ITALIA
Re: Roundcube <-> DBMail - New feature with caching [ In reply to ]
Good job Andrea. I haven't tested this but I think it's good to have such
feature.

Re: Roundcube <-> DBMail - New feature with caching [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:35:26 +0200
Andrea Brancatelli <abrancatelli@schema31.it> wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> Just a quick head up to notify you that we've just release a new version
> of the roundcube <-> dbmail plugin integration who features message
> caching in local roundcube database.
>
> This new features makes the integration even faster, while not
> introducing any gap in the visibility of new messages and such.
>
> If anyone is willing to try it, let me know.
>
> The url is still https://github.com/skeyby/roundcube-dbmail
>
> Have fun.

Quick test - it appears to work faster than thru imap.
Something I noticed quickly - after opening a message and returning to folder view, message size is shown as 0B. Probably something in the cacheing code?

Keep up the good work :)

--

Jure Pečar
https://jure.pecar.org
Re: Roundcube <-> DBMail - New feature with caching [ In reply to ]
Strange, we'll investigate that!

Thanks for the feedback.

---

Andrea Brancatelli
Schema31 S.p.a.
Responsabile IT

ROMA - BO - FI - PA

Il 2015-11-05 15:10 Jure Pečar ha scritto:

> On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:35:26 +0200
> Andrea Brancatelli <abrancatelli@schema31.it> wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody.
>>
>> Just a quick head up to notify you that we've just release a new version
>> of the roundcube <-> dbmail plugin integration who features message
>> caching in local roundcube database.
>>
>> This new features makes the integration even faster, while not
>> introducing any gap in the visibility of new messages and such.
>>
>> If anyone is willing to try it, let me know.
>>
>> The url is still https://github.com/skeyby/roundcube-dbmail [1]
>>
>> Have fun.
>
> Quick test - it appears to work faster than thru imap.
> Something I noticed quickly - after opening a message and returning to folder view, message size is shown as 0B. Probably something in the cacheing code?
>
> Keep up the good work :)

Links:
------
[1] https://github.com/skeyby/roundcube-dbmail
Re: Roundcube <-> DBMail - New feature with caching [ In reply to ]
You were absolutely right, obviously.

I've fixed that.
---

Andrea Brancatelli
Schema31 S.p.a.
Responsabile IT

ROMA - BO - FI - PA
ITALY
Tel: +39. 06.98.358.472
Cell: +39 331.2488468
Fax: +39. 055.71.880.466
Società del Gruppo SC31 ITALIA

Il 2015-11-05 15:10 Jure Pečar ha scritto:

> On Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:35:26 +0200
> Andrea Brancatelli <abrancatelli@schema31.it> wrote:
>
>> Hello everybody.
>>
>> Just a quick head up to notify you that we've just release a new version
>> of the roundcube <-> dbmail plugin integration who features message
>> caching in local roundcube database.
>>
>> This new features makes the integration even faster, while not
>> introducing any gap in the visibility of new messages and such.
>>
>> If anyone is willing to try it, let me know.
>>
>> The url is still https://github.com/skeyby/roundcube-dbmail [1]
>>
>> Have fun.
>
> Quick test - it appears to work faster than thru imap.
> Something I noticed quickly - after opening a message and returning to folder view, message size is shown as 0B. Probably something in the cacheing code?
>
> Keep up the good work :)

Links:
------
[1] https://github.com/skeyby/roundcube-dbmail