Mailing List Archive

Re: Avoid remove of messages but able to move them (same for concepts)
Am 20.04.2015 um 16:36 schrieb Matt .:
> Hi guys.
>
> I'm trying to avoid people removing messages but allow moving them.
>
> The issue here is that moving disallows removal at the moment (same
> for concepts) and I get duplicates on moves in the old folder it stays
> and in the new folder it's copied.
>
> This is done by ACL and people cannot remove messages.
>
> Any idea how to accomplish this or at least be able so people cannot
> remove them from trash?

impossible

most clients in case of move a message making a copy in the new folder
and after that delete the message in the source folder - so if you
disallow remove you break move by definition

one could blame the client making the copy at all with no permissions to
delete the source message but as said: there is no fix on the server side
Re: Avoid remove of messages but able to move them (same for concepts) [ In reply to ]
Hi,

True what you say but it would be great to have such option.

I have investigated it in the past, but as it's a DB behind it we
should be able to do in some way... ACL's help half.

If I'm right you cannot stop the move as you cannot write an email
anymore which is saved as draft and send.

Difficult but there must be a way.