workable time.

Is it safe to truncate the table, and dbmail-util -by it?

Thanks.
Re: dbmail_headervalue [ In reply to ]
Am 14.12.2014 um 17:59 schrieb Jorge Bastos:
> I have allot, I mean, millions of lost records in the dbmail_headervalue
> table.
>
> About 72 million lost records, with dbmail-util it cannot handle it in a
> workable time.
>
> Is it safe to truncate the table, and dbmail-util –by it?

yes and you should consider "header_cache_readonly = yes" and cleanup
"dbmail_headername" too - maybe that alone will be enough to get rid of 90%

MariaDB [dbmail]> select * from dbmail_headername;
+--------+-------------------+
| id | headername |
+--------+-------------------+
| 183 | cc |
| 8 | content-type |
| 1 | date |
| 2 | from |
| 62 | importance |
| 44 | in-reply-to |
| 3 | message-id |
| 9 | mime-version |
| 111813 | newsgroups |
| 380 | priority |
| 47 | references |
| 38 | reply-to |
| 68 | status |
| 6 | subject |
| 69 | thread-index |
| 179 | thread-topic |
| 7 | to |
| 109464 | x-msmail-priority |
| 111823 | x-msoesrec |
| 109408 | x-priority |
| 111825 | x-ref |
+--------+-------------------+
21 rows in set (0.00 sec)
Re: dbmail_headervalue [ In reply to ]
So,

Truncate dbmail_headername;
Truncate dbmail_headervalue;
Dbmail-util -by

During this time only IMAP will compaint since it won't have headers to
show, but there's no problem to have IMAP users connecting during this time,
when the re-fill is finish, everything will look normal on imap clients,
right?

Re: dbmail_headervalue [ In reply to ]
correct

keep in mind that "header_cache_readonly = yes" will prevent from adding
any headers again - i removed all, inserted the needed manually in
headernames and than rebuilt

got rid millions of records forever that way

Re: dbmail_headervalue [ In reply to ]
Hum,

Fact is I have garbage in headername table also, i have things that ARE NOT
headers, but they are there (garbage!):

| headername |
| "x-copyrighted-material |
| #content-transfer-encoding |
| #content-type |
| /m |
| 0 |
| 0/x-total-score |
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 2/x-brightmail-tracker |
| 2/x-total-score |

So yes, the header_cache_readonly = yes will help on this.
I'm going to delete the garbage headername's like this one's and leave only
the "x-......" and a few extra one's that I know that are needed, and then
apply the header_cache_readonly = yes, and after, truncate the headervalue's
and dbmail-util -by it.