Mailing List Archive

Re: Re max_db_connections

>> If you want to kill your postgres server that is a good idea :-)

My PostreSQL server is not an issue for me, until now.

It has 2 Sixcore processors, 16 GB RAM, SAS 15k disks in RAID config. Processor usage is fine. >> Seriously: DBMail has a kick-ass database pooling mechanism. If you need
>> more than 10 database connections you are having problems of a different
>> nature, or you are running a setup with hundreds if not thousands of
>> *very* active users.
Running 100 imapd concurrent connections. Hope to get 400 in the near future.

Re: Re max_db_connections [ In reply to ]
On 02/11/14 15:40, Rogerio Pereira wrote:

> >> If you want to kill your postgres server that is a good idea :-)
>

> *My PostreSQL server is not an issue for me, until now.*
>
> *It has 2 Sixcore processors, 16 GB RAM, SAS 15k disks in RAID
> config. Processor usage is fine.*
>
> >> Seriously: DBMail has a kick-ass database pooling mechanism. If
> you need
> >> more than 10 database connections you are having problems of a
> different
> >> nature, or you are running a setup with hundreds if not
> thousands of
> >> *very* active users.
>
> *Running 100 imapd concurrent connections. Hope to get 400 in the
> near future.*

*You might consider using an IMAP proxy like *http://www.imapproxy.org/
or nginx.

Another option is pooling database connections with PgPool so you keep a
fixed number of database connections independent of how many IMAP
clients you ar serving at a time.

Sandino Araico Sánchez
http://sandino.net
Re: Re max_db_connections [ In reply to ]
For what do you need pgpool? dbmail does already connection pooling

Proxy yes - but use something better maintained than imapproxy crashing for years if the client is using a obviously unsupported login mech

Just use dovecot which comes with a SASL provider for postfix too and also supports pop3 proxying