This is DBMail version 3.1.6
But actually I think the version number is falsely reported as the
source tree is dbmail-3.1.7.
upgrade from 3.1.6 to latest [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I also need to deploy Dbmail 3.2. But I need to share the same PgSQL 9.3 DB with another Dbmail 3.1.17.

Is it possible?

There are 4 SQL updates needed to install Dbmail 3.2, mostly index changes and new columns to dbmail tables.

Regards.

Rogerio
Re: upgrade from 3.1.6 to latest [ In reply to ]
Am 30.10.2014 um 21:11 schrieb Rogerio Pereira:
> Hi,
>
> I also need to deploy Dbmail 3.2. But I need to share the same PgSQL 9.3
> DB with another Dbmail 3.1.17.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> There are 4 SQL updates needed to install Dbmail 3.2, mostly index
> changes and new columns to dbmail tables.
>
> Regards.
>
> Rogerio

I am not sure if it would work, but I personally would not risk it (just
index changes would be one thing i guess, but added columns .. )
That said it might work *if* (and i do not know that) the SELECT queries
all specify the columns (as oppsoed to SELECT * ) *and* the new columns
have default values that would be filled correctly in case of update/insert.

if you really need to do this i suggest extensive testing.

Re: upgrade from 3.1.6 to latest [ In reply to ]
On 31-10-14 10:38, Thomas Raschbacher wrote:
> Am 30.10.2014 um 21:11 schrieb Rogerio Pereira:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I also need to deploy Dbmail 3.2. But I need to share the same PgSQL 9.3
>> DB with another Dbmail 3.1.17.
>>
>> Is it possible?
>>
>> There are 4 SQL updates needed to install Dbmail 3.2, mostly index
>> changes and new columns to dbmail tables.

If you run a dbmail-3.2, the upgrade steps will be performed
automatically. None of them are incompatible, with the possible
exception of dbmail_subjectfield (a view that is only used for
base-subject threading which nobody uses)

The dbmail_messages.seq field is simply not used by 3.1 - it's for
CONDSTORE and QRESYNC, and improved IDLE behaviour.

The changes on the dbmail_users table is for a special feature
(README.security-password) and not used by 3.1

> if you really need to do this i suggest extensive testing.

That is always good advise.