Mailing List Archive

Access denied to shared mailboxes
Hi folks,

I've run into a problem with shared mailboxes.

I added another user to several mailboxes for a specific owner to
dbmail_acl, and then also added those user/mailbox pairs to
dbmail_subscription. In dbmail_acl I set all the flags to 1, except for
the administer_flag.

When the user is accessing those mailboxes there is an access denied. If
the owner opens the mail client and refreshes the shared mailboxes, the
user can see the changes. However, if there are new messages, and the
owner has not opened the mail client, the user gets an access denied
message.

This problem makes it difficult for somebody on vacation to let somebody
else have access to some of his/her mailboxes.

If somebody can help me with some information how to fix this, I would
be grateful.

Best regards,

Peter