Mailing List Archive

Oracle driver
Hi all,

Anton Nekhoroshih has done some nice work adding Oracle support to
DBMail. His code looks very clean. There are some #ifdef's in there for
some Oracle specific stuff, but not too much.

It's too late to put this into the 2.0 release, but for 2.1 it should be
ready. For now, I've put it in a new branch called oracle_dev_branch.
We'll have to merge it to the trunk after having released DBMail 2.0.

I don't have an Oracle setup here at the moment, so I cannot test it
(yet). I know that Oracle has developer licenses, which you can get very
easily (just fill out a form on their website), and with which one can
use Oracle for development. I'll try to install Oracle once I have time
for it. It seems Oracle does not want to be installed on Debian
GNU/Linux..

cheers,
Ilja