happily check all imap mailfolders on uw-imapd. However, this does not work for
dbmail.

This very annoying problem was identified today as being a dbmail issue, instead
of a client issue.

Looks like IMAPClientHandler bails out when it shouldn't. I'll see what I can find.

Paul Stevens paul@nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
The Netherlands_______________________________________www.nfg.nl
Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
Following up on myself,

Looks like imapcommands.c writes after the client sends FIN packets. I guess the
ci_write patch should be expanded to include imapcommands as well.

Mozilla closes the connection by sending FIN after receiving response to a
command. If the server then wants to send OK tags after that the client barfs
and sends RST.

I've attached a ethereal capture.

Re: user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); [ In reply to ]
More on this;

I've fixed imapcommands to strictly use ci_write. The packet trace now
looks real clean in terms of tcp. Still no luck though. I'll have to use
another imap server as comparison. Mozilla apparently doesn't like
something about dbmail's responses and just disconnects, period.