Also has added support of database ORACLE all works correctly excluding
imap, it has not had time to complete yet.

A question, it is interesting to you whether or not?
Re: DBMAIL and ORACLE [ In reply to ]
This is certainly interesting!

How have you done this? Is it a clean addition (not too many changes in
other parts of the source)?
In other words, please show us your code!

We'd sure like to get Oracle support into DBMail.

Ilja

Re: DBMAIL and ORACLE [ In reply to ]
÷ óÒÄ, 14.04.2004, × 18:56, Ilja Booij ÐÉÛÅÔ:
> This is certainly interesting!
>
> How have you done this?

As.... Has taken and has made, for my project it is necessary about the
same mail system and I love ORACLE :-)

adduser, smtp, pop3, imap4 worked correctly

imap4 has just completed, like works,
tested certainly a little

> Is it a clean addition (not too many changes in
> other parts of the source)?

Not many changes in other code, not it was necessary to change only
operation with table messageblks, for example:
http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/db.c.diff
http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/db.h.diff
http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/dbmsgbuf.c.diff
http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/dbsearch.c.diff
http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/create_table.sql
http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/dboracle.c
and etc ...

> In other words, please show us your code!

Well I shall prepare a complete patch.

Re: DBMAIL and ORACLE [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 19:08, Anton Nekhoroshih wrote:
> As.... Has taken and has made, for my project it is necessary about the
> same mail system and I love ORACLE :-)
>
> adduser, smtp, pop3, imap4 worked correctly
>
> imap4 has just completed, like works,
> tested certainly a little
Great!

> > Is it a clean addition (not too many changes in
> > other parts of the source)?
>
> Not many changes in other code, not it was necessary to change only
> operation with table messageblks, for example:
> http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/db.c.diff
> http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/db.h.diff
> http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/dbmsgbuf.c.diff
> http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/dbsearch.c.diff
> http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/create_table.sql
> http://bkh.inforus.com/dbmail/dboracle.c
> and etc ...
Nice. We have to take a look at the queries you have added for Oracle.
Perhaps some of those queries will also run nicely on MySQL and Postgres
(The less different queries for different RDBMSses, the better :) )

> > In other words, please show us your code!
>
> Well I shall prepare a complete patch.
Nice, we'll be looking forward to it. Can you perhaps make a patch
against the current CVS version. It has not changed a lot since rc4, but
it might still be somewhat easier to implement.

Ilja
Re: DBMAIL and ORACLE [ In reply to ]
÷ þÔ×, 15.04.2004, × 00:44, Ilja Booij ÐÉÛÅÔ:

Without problems, give a line of a connection for cvs I get last the
version and I shall put on it the patches.
I have corrected makefiles that installing man files and at making
dependences were checked