Mailing List Archive

Fwd: dbmail IMAP server info: this message could not be parsed
This is a message from the sieve-php mailing list, which apparently DBMail did
not like very much... I'm using LMTP delivery.

My hunch is that the current mime code is choking because of the \n or \r\n
lines breaks no longer being guaranteed.

Aaron

Forwarded From: imapserver@dbmail.org

Re: Fwd: dbmail IMAP server info: this message could not be parsed [ In reply to ]
Aaron Stone wrote:
> This is a message from the sieve-php mailing list, which apparently DBMail did
> not like very much... I'm using LMTP delivery.
>
> My hunch is that the current mime code is choking because of the \n or \r\n
> lines breaks no longer being guaranteed.

I'll take a look in rfcmsg.c to check for this. Perhaps it expects '\n'
for every line ending.

If you have time to look at it, please do, because I'm a bit swamped in
work currently..

Ilja
Re: Fwd: dbmail IMAP server info: this message could not be parsed [ In reply to ]
Aaron Stone wrote:
> This is a message from the sieve-php mailing list, which apparently DBMail did
> not like very much... I'm using LMTP delivery.
>
> My hunch is that the current mime code is choking because of the \n or \r\n
> lines breaks no longer being guaranteed.

Can you send a log trace to narrow down the search?

Ilja
Re: Fwd: dbmail IMAP server info: this message could not be parsed [ In reply to ]
Aaron,

have you been able to find any clue to the cause of the parser problem?
It seems like quite a show stopper, so I'd like to resolve it as quickly
(and cleanly) as possible

Ilja

Re: Fwd: dbmail IMAP server info: this message could not be parsed [ In reply to ]
I've been digging around in rfcmsg.c, and see where the message is failing,
but have not been able to understand why the message is failing.

I realized that we don't have a dump utility! I think I may write one to
quickly dump a specific message out to mbox format and post the failing
messages to the list as attachments so that others can insert them and try to
reproduce the errors.

Aaron

Re: Fwd: dbmail IMAP server info: this message could not be parsed [ In reply to ]
Aaron Stone wrote:
> I've been digging around in rfcmsg.c, and see where the message is failing,
> but have not been able to understand why the message is failing.
OK

> I realized that we don't have a dump utility! I think I may write one to
> quickly dump a specific message out to mbox format and post the failing
> messages to the list as attachments so that others can insert them and try to
> reproduce the errors.
Sounds like a good plan. If more people can reproduce your problem we
can try to fix the problem next Monday :)

Ilja
Re: Fwd: dbmail IMAP server info: this message could not be parsed [ In reply to ]
Aaron Stone wrote:

> I realized that we don't have a dump utility!

I first came to dbmail when a prospective client asked me to help him
with a linux machine. First thing I wanted to do was get rid of this
weird mail-server I'd never heard of (pre1.0 dbmail) and migrate to
uw-imapd or courier. Before I could make the time to dump the data to an
mbox format though, I was sold on dbmail :-)

Still, a dump utility would be a valuable addition, if only to offer
people a viable exit strategy.

And while we're at it; a fullblown dbmail-admin utility would be useful:

#> dbmail-admin --user="someuser" --mailbox="mailbox" --create
#> dbmail-admin --user="someuser" --mailbox="mailbox" --delete
#> dbmail-admin --user="someuser" --mailbox="mailbox"
--rename-to="mailbox1"
#> dbmail-admin --user="someuser" --mailbox="mailbox"
--expire="datespecs" --export-file="somembox"

Paul Stevens mailto:paul@nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP PGP: finger paul@nfg.nl
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl