to manage shared mailboxes ? Any ideas ?
---

Paul
Re: acl question [ In reply to ]
Paul J Stevens wrote:
> Ilja,
>
> Should the SETACL imap command result in an entry in the subscription
> table? I've been doing some acl tests, and can't get setacl to result in
> mailboxes showing up in the #USERS namespace without manually inserting
> the userid,mailboxid in the subscription table.
There was a mistake in the construction of the regex used to match the
mailbox name. This made the LIST command non-functional for these mailboxes.

I've changed the regex somewhat in imapcommands.c: _ic_list(). It works
now. I wonder how this slipped in, 'cause I can remember it working
earlier on.

If I add an ACL for a user to another user's mailbox, I can subscribe to
that mailbox using Mozilla's subscribe dialog.

> Also, why doesn't mozilla/thunderbird show the 'Privileges' button used
> to manage shared mailboxes ? Any ideas ?
does it normally have such a button? I was wondering about the same
thing myself. Does it have this button when using other IMAP servers
(that implement ACLs)?

Ilja
Re: acl question [ In reply to ]
Ilja Booij wrote:
>> Also, why doesn't mozilla/thunderbird show the 'Privileges' button
>> used to manage shared mailboxes ? Any ideas ?
>
> does it normally have such a button? I was wondering about the same
> thing myself. Does it have this button when using other IMAP servers
> (that implement ACLs)?
I did a small experiment using Cyrus IMAP, and I don't get any extra
buttons and such..

Are there any (free and/or Free) mail clients that allow us to set ACL?

Ilja
Re: acl question [ In reply to ]
Ilja Booij wrote:
> Paul J Stevens wrote:
>> Also, why doesn't mozilla/thunderbird show the 'Privileges' button
>> used to manage shared mailboxes ? Any ideas ?
>
> does it normally have such a button? I was wondering about the same
> thing myself. Does it have this button when using other IMAP servers
> (that implement ACLs)?

Dont know about other ACL servers (anyone have a courier installation
around?). But the button is part of the interface specs for mozilla.

http://www.mozilla.org/mailnews/specs/folder/

Paul Stevens mailto:paul@nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP PGP: finger paul@nfg.nl
The Netherlands________________________________http://www.nfg.nl