Mailing List Archive

dbmail 2.0 release candidate 4
DBMail 2.0 Release Candidate 4 can be downloaded from the download page
at http://www.dbmail.org. These bugs were fixed:

* LMTP now works, also with cached connections. It turned we were
misinterpreting some things in the RFC
* Mozilla clients now work. It turned out that there were some
errors in our ACL code
* MD5 calculations were fixed. It turned out we were running into
some problems with the endiannes on certain CPUs (fix by Aaron Stone and
Leif Jackson)
* Aaron Stone optimized message insertion and IMAP COPY.
* Messages with headers bigger than 512kB were silently dropped.
Currently, messages with such large headers are now bounced. They
probably should be accepted in the future (although anyone sending
messages that large is either insane or very evil!)

We could probably do with some more optimizations in the queries, but
other than that, we're well on our way to a stable release!

Again, I would like to thank all people who have contributed code, bug
reports and ideas!

Ilja