But if we'd like to keep it in, the table definition has to go into the
create_tables and migration scripts.

Ilja
RE: imap/pop before smtp [ In reply to ]
We still use it in our mail systems.
It's not the "best" authentication method, and outlook express
refuses to play nicely with it, but it's better than having an
open mail system.
dave

--
Dave Logan - http://www.digitalcoven.com/

"Do let's pretend that I'm a hungry hyena, and you're a bone!"
- Alice
RE: imap/pop before smtp [ In reply to ]
Yes we use it, well sort of. We had some issues on Debian a while back with
perl hash compatibility so ended up writing some custom code which wrote to
have a separate script that created a PopB4SMTP database.

We use sendmail as the MTA so don't have the luxury of a databased relay
table :)

The idea of having dbmail do it by itself is great, and I think should be
kept. From memory the default log syntax was not 'easy' to parse to get what
we needed (may have changed since); so if the above info could be in a more
standard format in the logs that would be great.

/Mark

Re: imap/pop before smtp [ In reply to ]
Ilja,

I need this! I have been looking for docs high and low on how to do this with postfix. Either this or SMTP AUTH is critical. How else are people going to send email with mail clients? The only alternative is an open relay - which is really not an alternative.

Please let me know how to implement this.

Thanks.