Mailing List Archive

DBMail with OpenGroupware and Bynari
I just tested DBMail 2.0rc3 with Bynari and OpenGroupware

It seems to work fine with OGO. I have not played around with it too much but from what I can tell it is ok. I dont know where you folks are with the Sieve implementation but I got the following error messages with OGO:
Your imap server doesn`t support vacation notice (dbmail imap (protocol version 4r1) server 2.0 ready to run)
Your imap server doesn`t support server-side filters (dbmail imap (protocol version 4r1) server 2.0 ready to run)

Is 2.0 going to support this?

Bynari on the other hand seemed to have problems with the ACL. Version 1 seemed to work ok with it except no ACLs. Now, I am not worried about using a fine product like DBMail with crapware like Bynari. However, I am concerned that there may be some problems in the ACL implementation. Bynari is unable to read or set the ACLs at all.

Re: DBMail with OpenGroupware and Bynari [ In reply to ]
The rudiments of Sieve support are already in place in 2.0, but only enough so
that I had a basis to understand how to write the new delivery chain with
hooks built in to support multiple sorting backends. During 2.1 development,
I'm going to finish the Sieve support connector to the libSieve library.

There is already a functional ManageSieve server in the tree, but it is not
built by default because there isn't any Sieve support in the rest of the
system yet ;-)

I'm beginning to suspect a problem with the ACL implementation. Mozilla
doesn't like it, either. Probably something simple, but it's definitely top of
the list for things to fix before a 2.0 release!

Aaron

Re: DBMail with OpenGroupware and Bynari [ In reply to ]
Aaron Stone wrote:
> The rudiments of Sieve support are already in place in 2.0, but only enough so
> that I had a basis to understand how to write the new delivery chain with
> hooks built in to support multiple sorting backends. During 2.1 development,
> I'm going to finish the Sieve support connector to the libSieve library.
>
> There is already a functional ManageSieve server in the tree, but it is not
> built by default because there isn't any Sieve support in the rest of the
> system yet ;-)
>
> I'm beginning to suspect a problem with the ACL implementation. Mozilla
> doesn't like it, either. Probably something simple, but it's definitely top of
> the list for things to fix before a 2.0 release!
We're going to buy Bynari connecter shortly, so we can also test with
that. ACLs just haven't had enough testing yet, so must surely do some
more tests with them the coming weeks.

Ilja
Re: DBMail with OpenGroupware and Bynari [ In reply to ]
Ilja,

You can download a version of it for free. I would not bother doing long term testing with it because it is an absolutely awful product that should be abandoned. These guys have not been able to fix even basic bugs for over 2 years.

The only parts of Bynari that actually work are the open source pieces! Cyrus/Sasl/postfix/openldap.

I suspect the ACL problem that you see in Mozilla is the same one that is reflected in Bynari.

Sanjiv

Re: DBMail with OpenGroupware and Bynari [ In reply to ]
Sanjiv Bawa wrote:
> Ilja,
>
> You can download a version of it for free. I would not bother doing long
> term testing with it because it is an absolutely awful product that
> should be abandoned. These guys have not been able to fix even basic
> bugs for over 2 years.
I didn't know it was downloadable. Nice. Is it really such a bad
product? We're mostly interested in testing DBMail with the Connector,
not with whole Bynari suite.

> The only parts of Bynari that actually work are the open source pieces!
> Cyrus/Sasl/postfix/openldap.
make sense :)

> I suspect the ACL problem that you see in Mozilla is the same one that
> is reflected in Bynari.
I'll try to do some more testing with Mozilla by looking at all the
network traffic between sever and client.

Ilja