__attribute__((format(printf, 2, 3)));

Voila, tons of errors next time you make.

Aaron
Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Well that was fun! I also caught three or four more of the missing comma
errors, and a handful of "%s, %s: ...." formats that were missing the
__FILE__, __FUNCTION arguments.

I cleaned up all of the warnings, though we should definitely keep the GNU
attribute in the source to warn against format bugs in the future.

Aaron

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Just tried this for myself. A lot of warnings..

I guess the cleaned up statements are in the patches you'll send me
today? ;)

I agree we should keep the __attribute__ thing in the source. It does
not cost us anything, and it helps preventing bugs. Sounds like free
lunch to me! :)

Ilja

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
If you have CVS updated to your latest working tree I'll patch against it in a
few hours. This moment I have to finish up a project before daybreak.

Aaron

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
HEAD is completely updated. I'm having some trouble updating
dbmail_2_0_branch, due to conflicts when applying patches. I guess I'll
wait with updating that branch. Or, like somebody suggested a while ago,
do the branching on release of 2.0 final (and abandon the current branch
for now).

Good luck finishing your project :)

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Here it goes... I'll also post to SourceForge.

Aaron

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
I've applied the patch (have not updated CVS yet).

I ran into the following problem:
When delivering a message, all message go into the mailbox of user_idnr
0 (that is: zero).

The problem seems to be, that the user_idnrs to deliver the messages to
are kept in delivery->userids (in a list), but that this list is never
used when attempting delivery. The delivery->userids field is not used
when calling sort_and_deliver(). In that call, only delivery->useridnr
is used, which defaults to zero.

Ilja

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
On Monday 01 March 2004 07:11 am, Ilja Booij wrote:
> HEAD is completely updated. I'm having some trouble updating
> dbmail_2_0_branch, due to conflicts when applying patches. I guess I'll
> wait with updating that branch. Or, like somebody suggested a while ago,
> do the branching on release of 2.0 final (and abandon the current branch
> for now).

More to the point. Only Branch for 2.0 when you want to open HEAD up for
development that won't be included in 2.0. You could (should?) TAG each RC
and Beta and possibly even 2.0, and only branch once you want to start
applying patches that will go into 2.1.

Matthew
Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Oh, weird. I really did fix that already; I'll see if maybe I fixed it in an
older tree by accident. Will post a patch this afternoon.

Aaron

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Now I remember! I continued fixing a bug or two in the 2.0rc2-fixes-snap1 tree
after I'd made the patches from it. But to start clean, I took a fresh 2.0rc2,
applied the patches, and then started working towards the next set of
patches... apparently without bringing this bugfix into the new tree :-\

I read over the rest of the diff to make sure that I didn't leave anything
else out, and this does seem to be the only thing I missed.

Apply the attached patch, *reversed* (because I really need sleep :-P)

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Excuses, excuses. See SourceForge for an updated version of the previously
posted patch; I neglected to add the new rfcsize arguments to the sort call,
and something else gone wrong read_header(). Valgrinding as we speak!

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Posted to SourceForge. A little patch to pipe.c and header.c, which fixes a
buffer boundary issue in the newline/rfc counting, the forgotten delivery
useridnr loop and a missing rfcsize argument to sort_and_deliver.

It's also a proper forwards patch now :-P

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Now there's another problem with deliveries. I get every mail twice!

I'm firing up gdb as I type..

Ilja

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
There is no problem when sending messages through dbmail-smtp, only when
using lmtp. Strange..

looking further

Ilja

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
I haven't found the cause of this bug yet. There is also still a problem
with the read_header() function. It's constantly hanging on an fgets there..

Ilja

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Hi,

don't know why, but I just cannot find the reason why the delivery
user_idnr is added to the userids-list in the dsn twice. It does not
happen when using dbmail-smtp, only when using dbmail-lmtp.

Aaron (or anybody else), can you take a look at this? I'm completely
lost at the moment.. :(

Also, there is the problem with the read_header() function. Some testing
has revealed that it always functions the first time an instance of
dbmail-lmtp gets a message. The second time that the same instance of
the daemon gets a message, it reads the output from the MTA (postfix in
my case) very slowly. Are we forgetting to cleanup something?

Ilja

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Ilja & Aaron,

I am looking for this patch. I cannot access it from sourceforge? Or do I
have to checkout from cvs differently than the default dbmail root? I
would be glad to look at this.... Also Aaron, i was working on your sieve
code but there are some issues between the current libsieve you have in
cvs and the last one posed on sourceforge, the api and the lib doesn't
match quite right or at least not to the code you have in the dbmail cvs
tree, i am really exited about this feature and would like to help.

Thanks,
Leif

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Ilja,

Correction I wiped my cvs out and re-checked it out and the changes are
there. I was expecting the update command to merge the changes is this
not the case with the dbmail cvs tree?

On the list.c stuff I see this with the dmalloc lib we talked about a
while back, do you knotice a state where the imapd and pop3d daemons will
not exit when given a sig term? I am having an issue with them while
debugging and I don't in the cvs from 1/12/04. Any ideas? If you want
this patch for dmalloc let me know I will be glad to send it on so you
can check with it yourself.

Thanks,
leif

p.s. Aaron I still want to help on the libsieve and sieve code, and to
anyone else if you have the framework for server side sorting and
threading I would like to help with that otherwise I may have to write it
myself :) Thanks.

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
Nevermind on the not exiting that was a issue I was causing with the
debuging options. thx.

-leif

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
I have a series of patches under the thread "[ 895107 ] Delivery status in
pipe and getopt support in main" in the patch tracker... Sometimes I've
uploaded files that SourceForge pukes on when other people try to download
them. Very odd; methinks SourceForge is a little finicky in places.

The libSieve in CVS is not current with my working tree. I've was cleaning up
the API and the data structures and writing documentation for all of it a few
months ago, but got really busy with school and DBMail and so I only got
around to uploading the documentation :-\

Aaron

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
> I have a series of patches under the thread "[ 895107 ] Delivery status in
> pipe and getopt support in main" in the patch tracker... Sometimes I've
> uploaded files that SourceForge pukes on when other people try to download
> them. Very odd; methinks SourceForge is a little finicky in places.

Thanks will try and look at that thread.

> The libSieve in CVS is not current with my working tree. I've was cleaning
> up
> the API and the data structures and writing documentation for all of it a
> few
> months ago, but got really busy with school and DBMail and so I only got
> around to uploading the documentation :-\

You mind sendming me a tarball offline? Or sending me a place I can get
your current working tree? Thx. I understand about getting busy....

Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
It's pretty likely, at least until this quarter is over, I won't have time to
even figure out which of my libSieve trees was my last working tree, let alone
get it in any reasonably shareable form :-\

I'll be on break starting the 18th and will mark "libSieve" on my calendar!

Thanks very much for your interest, btw. Also, for work on libSieve itself,
please join the libsieve-devel mailing list from libsieve.sf.net. There are at
least two other people there who are working on libSieve-based mail sorting
programs, though there hasn't been much activity in a few months I'm sure that
they're still interested and just busy elsewhere.

Aaron

"Leif Jackson" <ljackson@jjcons.com> said:
[snip]
> > The libSieve in CVS is not current with my working tree.
[snip]
> You mind sendming me a tarball offline? Or sending me a place I can get
> your current working tree? Thx. I understand about getting busy...
[chomp]
Re: Tons of format errors in calls to trace() [ In reply to ]
I've put the patch in CVS, because we'll need it anyway. This way, it's
also easier to debug it, because a simple cvs update will get everybody
the new code :)

The delivery chain is still buggy: When delivering messages through
LMTP, all messages get delivered twice.

Ilja