Mailing List Archive

Fwd: [Dbmail] DbMail Outlook Received Date
taking this to the development:

just checked rfc 3501; @ APPEND:

(..)
If a date-time is specified, the internal date SHOULD be set in
the resulting message; otherwise, the internal date of the
resulting message is set to the current date and time by default.
(..)

ilja, are we currently supporting a date-time string with an append
command (i'm pretty sure i never implemented it :$)?

rfc 3501, @ COPY:
(..)
The flags and internal date of the
message(s) SHOULD be preserved, and the Recent flag SHOULD be set,
in the copy.
(..)

is this being done according to the specs?

regards roel

Begin doorgestuurd bericht:

> Datum: 26 februari 2004 16:16:47 GMT+01:00
> Aan: dbmail@dbmail.org
> Onderwerp: [Dbmail] DbMail Outlook Received Date
> Antwoord aan: dbmail@dbmail.org
>
> Hello DBMail users,
>
> I installed DBMail (1.2.3) on my server and copied a lot of emails to
> an folder in dbmail. Problem is the "received date", that is shown by
> email-clients. When using clients like thunderbird or kmail everything
> works fine. But some users still use Outlook as email-client. In
> Outlook the received date is wrong. Outlook shows the date, when the
> email is copied into the dbmail server (the value of "internal_date"
> in table messages). I tried the same thing with an another IMAP-Server
> (Cyrus) and there it works with the "original" receive date of the
> email.
>
> Is this a problem of Outlook, or why does dbmail sends this date to
> the client? Perhaps you have an idea how to solve this. It is not very
> nice to have 5000 mails with the same date in one folder. :-)
>
> Greetings,
> Ronny

_________________________
R.A. Rozendaal
IC&S
T: +31 30 63 55 736
F: +31 30 63 55 731
www.ic-s.nl
Re: Fwd: [Dbmail] DbMail Outlook Received Date [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Roel Rozendaal - IC&S wrote:

> taking this to the development:
>
> just checked rfc 3501; @ APPEND:
>
> (..)
> If a date-time is specified, the internal date SHOULD be set in
> the resulting message; otherwise, the internal date of the
> resulting message is set to the current date and time by default.
> (..)
>
> ilja, are we currently supporting a date-time string with an append
> command (i'm pretty sure i never implemented it :$)?
The _ic_append() functions does check if there's a DATE field supplied,
but it just ignores the fact that it finds this DATE field.

> rfc 3501, @ COPY:
> (..)
> The flags and internal date of the
> message(s) SHOULD be preserved, and the Recent flag SHOULD be set,
> in the copy.
> (..)
Our copy statement does preserve the internal_date and all flags. It
does not set the Recent flag (unless this flag is still set in the
message that is copied). This is a very simple change (just set the
Recent flag to '1' in the new message. I'll change this immediately.

Ilja