Mailing List Archive

Re: Unique keys (was Re: [Dbmail] Does DBmail support spam-, virus-filter, SPF, tar pitting and sorting into folders?)
And while we're on the subject of leftover garbage destined for /dev/null:

Why does the 2.0 tree still contain all the pre-1.0 sql fixes, and a
bogus mysql2pgsql tree ??

Very confusing stuff for new users, I'm sure.

Also,

Has a new tag been introduced into the CVS tree? When I'm updating the
HEAD branch, the migration code for mysql is missing, and the python
scripts remain in place.

Paul J Stevens wrote:
> The config table is more legacy garb^H^H^H^Hleftover that *was* removed
> from the mysql tables, and *should* have been removed from the
> postgresql tables as well.
>
> In the old-days (pre-1.0) the config tables contained some of the
> settings that are nowadays present in the config-file.
>
> Even though there is some talk on the -devel list on reviving that table
> for new uses, it is in fact not in use today.
>
> John Hansen wrote:
>
>> Also, what on earth is the config table used for?

Paul Stevens paul@nfg.nl
NET FACILITIES GROUP GPG/PGP: 1024D/11F8CD31
The Netherlands_______________________________________www.nfg.nl
Re: Re: Unique keys (was Re: [Dbmail] Does DBmail support spam-, virus-filter, SPF, tar pitting and sorting into folders?) [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Paul J Stevens wrote:

> And while we're on the subject of leftover garbage destined for /dev/null:
>
> Why does the 2.0 tree still contain all the pre-1.0 sql fixes, and a
> bogus mysql2pgsql tree ??
I'm planning on removing all this stuff, and leaving just the create
tables and migration scripts. Does anybody have a problem with this?

> Very confusing stuff for new users, I'm sure.
I agree

> Also,
>
> Has a new tag been introduced into the CVS tree? When I'm updating the
> HEAD branch, the migration code for mysql is missing, and the python
> scripts remain in place.
Yes, a new tag has been introduced when rc1 was released. I mentioned
this, but probably should've been more clear about it. The DBMail 2.0
branch is located under the dbmail_2_0_branch tag.

I haven't had time to update (merge) the latest changes to HEAD yet. I
will do this today.

Ilja