Mailing List Archive

Dbmail alias wont work, no log entries
Hi, I hope this is the right mailinglist.
I have a system with Dbmail 1.2.1 , Exim 4.21 and SquirrelMail. Which
works great and i havent had any problems sofar.

But when i try to have dbmail send a copy of a mail to a specific user
it wont work,
I add an alias by:

dbmail-adduser f user user1@domain.com

*** dbmail-adduser ***
Opening connection to database...
Opening connection to authentication...
Ok. Connected
Adding alias [user] --> [user1@domain.com]...Ok alias added

This looks ok, i have loglevel 4 in the config,
When a mail is recieved for user , i should be copied to user1, right?
But there are absolutely no log entries about the aliases table.
(the loglevel seems to work, there are entries about looking in
auto_replies and such)
User1 is on another domain. So dbmail-smtp should use exim to deliver
the mail, but there are no entries in the exim log either.

Am i totally wrong about all this or does anyone have a suggestion?

Regards
Tomas Lubkowitz
Re: Dbmail alias wont work, no log entries [ In reply to ]
i think this should be posted to the normal dbmail list but oh well no
problem

the 'f' option inserts a forward from one email address to another;
i.e. you should use

dbmail-adduser f user@domain1.com user@domain2.com

this will forward all mail send to user@domain1.com to
user@domain2.com. If domain2.com is an external system the mail will
not be delivered to your local dbmail system.

you can bind the same alias to different users to make sure each of
them receives a copy of the mail send to that address:

dbmail-adduser c user +a user1@domain.com
dbmail-adduser c user2 +a user1@domain.com

this will deliver mail send to user1@domain.com to both user and user2

Tomas Lubkowitz heeft op vrijdag, 24 okt 2003 om 12:27
(Europe/Amsterdam) het volgende geschreven:

> Hi, I hope this is the right mailinglist.
>
> I have a system with Dbmail 1.2.1 , Exim 4.21 and SquirrelMail. Which
> works great and i havent had any problems sofar.
>

> But when i try to have dbmail send a copy of a mail to a specific user
> it wont work,
>
> I add an alias by:
>

> dbmail-adduser f user user1@domain.com
>

> *** dbmail-adduser ***
>
> Opening connection to database...
>
> Opening connection to authentication...
>
> Ok. Connected
>
> Adding alias [user] --> [user1@domain.com]...Ok alias added
>

> This looks ok, i have loglevel 4 in the config,
>
> When a mail is recieved for user , i should be copied to user1, right?
> But there are absolutely no log entries about the aliases table.
>
> (the loglevel seems to work, there are entries about looking in
> auto_replies and such)
>
> User1 is on another domain. So dbmail-smtp should use exim to deliver
> the mail, but there are no entries in the exim log either.
>

> Am i totally wrong about all this or does anyone have a suggestion?
>

> Regards
> Tomas Lubkowitz

R.A. Rozendaal
IC&S