Mailing List Archive

ipop3d for xinetd
Hi,

Please find enclosed patches for the Makefile.in, Makefile.concept and code
for ipop3d.c. It works with the current 1.2 version.

This adds support for xinetd (not tested inetd) pop3 via dbmail, you'll have
to configure xinetd as required. I've tested this on 2 machines, not
extensively, and it works per se. The makefile will produce dbmail-ipop3d
which can then be exec'd by inetd/xinetd.

Known bugs include the logging of incoming connections, I haven't added
support for resolving the name for the IP address, it currently just
displays "incoming connection from [my.ip.address.here]" - that's a tomorrow
task :-) The database connection isn't closed per se, apart from when the
program exits.

I make no warranties, etc with this code, use at your own risk, and don't
blame me if it breaks, it's been a while since I coded in C :-(

Having said that, it does seem to work, and I can get email from it.

Welcoming feedback!

Matt