to run dbmail on Oracle. Obviously the two existing drivers are mysql and
postgres; I'm quite willing to do the work of creating an Oracle driver, but
I thought I would ask:

a) has anyone tried this before and want to share any tips or warnings? :-)

b) what's the staus of the 'combining database drivers' task that Roel
mentioned to the list on 8 july? I'd love to work from the combined c++ code
if it's in a state that's ready to share...

-- Glenn
Re: Creating an Oracle database driver [ In reply to ]
Hi Glenn,

first of all, we decided to change back to C instead of C++ for a
number of reasons
(for one, it will be easier to integrate).
However, I am still in the progress of splitting up the database code
into
"driver-code", specific for a database, and general code for database
operations.
When this is finished, it should be pretty trivial to add an Oracle
driver.

I hope to finish the code by the 20th of August. I'll be going away on
holiday from
tomorrow and will be back August 11th, from which time on I will be
able to
spend more time on DBMail (I've been finishing the last parts of my
master's
degree this week. Tomorrow I'll do my final presentation of my thesis)

greetings,
Ilja
--
IC&S
Koningsweg 4

RE: Creating an Oracle database driver [ In reply to ]
Hello,

The last I've heard (from Ilja on irc last week), the work is
underway, and they've actually decided to stick with C, not
C++ for this. Ilja's probably who you want to get in contact with
for this right now, as he's just recently been hired and not yet
encumbered by other IC&S tasks (making money and other such
nuisances). :)

jn