From: Matthew T. O'Connor <dbmail@dbmail.org>
To: dbmail@dbmail.org
Subject: Re: [Dbmail] HELP : DBMAIL error on Outlook Express for Mac OS/X
Sent: 03 Jul 2003 02:04:49 -0400

> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 11:44, Jesse Norell wrote:
> > With upcoming schema changes (cached headers, etc.), it'd
> > probably be worth stepping back and looking at the best way to
> > handle message storage, and see what improvements can be made.
> > Even something as simple as a messageblk flag as to whether the
> > block contains headers or the body could fix the above issue.
> > While on the subject of storing messages, I don't know that
> > filesystem files are suited to dbmail as it complicates database
> > replication, which is certainly a desired feature.
>
> Where is the schmea changes are being discussed? I haven't seen any
> mention of it anywhere, I would like to be part of the discussion.

Just to clarify for those relatively new to the list(s), there
isn't any specific schema changes planned or tracked (unless IC&S
has something, but I doubt it), there are just some planned features
that will require changes. The discussion reguarding them is mainly
on the lists here (dbmail-dev, please), and of course this thread has
been the most reguarding this topic that's shown up for a while.

Jesse

--
Jesse Norell
jesse (at) kci.net