Mailing List Archive

auto_reply does not work
Hi,

I have working Postfix+Amavisd-new(ClamAv virus check+Spam Check)+Dbmail 1.1
installation
on RedHat 9 (should I be worried about new NPTL in RH9?)

Everything else works just fine, except auto-reply

In the log I get "send_reply(): reply could not be sent: sendmail error"

sendmail in /etc/dbmail.conf is /usr/sbin/sendmail

With debug option I can see, that
pipe to sendmail is opened, data is written, pipe closed, but the
result != 0

Auto-reply body is found: [just a test]
reply-to address is found: [<vlads@tech.ee>]
Subject line is found: [testing autoreply]
Deliver to is NOT found, shouldn't it be looking for To: header, and not
deliver-to?

Can it be, that the pipe opened like "/usr/sbin/sendmail <vlads@tech.ee>"
is wrong and should be "/usr/sbin/sendmail vlads@tech.ee"

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

thanks,

Vladimir