Mailing List Archive

Problems upgrading database
Hi guys

I'm upgrading a server from version 0.9.6 to the current 0.9.9 series
and when trying to upgrade the database after installation I'm facing
this problem running the command:

./update-davical-database --dbname=davical --dbuser=davical_dba --debug
Using database: davical_dba%@dbi:Pg:dbname=davical
The database is version 8.3 currently at revision 1.2.5.
Looking at patches[0] (1.1.2.sql)
Patch 1.1.2.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[1] (1.1.3.sql)
Patch 1.1.3.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[2] (1.1.4.sql)
Patch 1.1.4.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[3] (1.1.5.sql)
Patch 1.1.5.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[4] (1.1.6.sql)
Patch 1.1.6.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[5] (1.1.7.sql)
Patch 1.1.7.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[6] (1.1.8.sql)
Patch 1.1.8.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[7] (1.1.9.sql)
Patch 1.1.9.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[8] (1.1.10.sql)
Patch 1.1.10.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[9] (1.1.11.sql)
Patch 1.1.11.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[10] (1.1.11a.sql)
Patch 1.1.11a.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[11] (1.1.12.sql)
Patch 1.1.12.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[12] (1.1.12a.sql)
Patch 1.1.12a.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[13] (1.2.1.sql)
Patch 1.2.1.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[14] (1.2.1a.sql)
Patch 1.2.1a.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[15] (1.2.1b.sql)
Patch 1.2.1b.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[16] (1.2.2.sql)
Patch 1.2.2.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[17] (1.2.3.sql)
Patch 1.2.3.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[18] (1.2.3a.sql)
Patch 1.2.3a.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[19] (1.2.4.sql)
Patch 1.2.4.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[20] (1.2.5.sql)
Patch 1.2.5.sql has already been applied.
Looking at patches[21] (1.2.6.sql)
Applying patch 1.2.6.sql ... Failed to apply revision 1.2.6.sql to the
database!
failed!
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:53: ERROR: must be owner of function
legacy_privilege_to_bits
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:106: ERROR: must be owner of function
bits_to_legacy_privilege
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:159: ERROR: must be owner of function
get_permissions
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:164: ERROR: must be owner of function
get_group_role_no
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:213: ERROR: must be owner of function
has_legacy_privilege
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:250: ERROR: must be owner of function
privilege_to_bits
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:277: ERROR: must be owner of function
privilege_to_bits
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:375: ERROR: must be owner of function
bits_to_privilege
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:494: ERROR: must be owner of function
legacy_privilege_to_bits
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:497: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:498: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:500: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:501: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:503: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:505: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:506: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:507: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:510: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:517: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:522: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:526: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:530: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:535: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:540: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:542: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:543: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:544: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:552: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:553: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:554: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:564: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:567: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:569: ERROR: current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
there is no transaction in progress
==> No further patches will be attempted!
No patches were applied.
Supported locales updated.
Updated view: dav_principal.sql applied.
CalDAV functions updated.
RRULE functions updated.
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on collection to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on caldav_data to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on calendar_item to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on relationship to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on locks to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on property to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on freebusy_ticket to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on usr to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on usr_setting to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on roles to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on role_member to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on session to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on tmp_password to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on group_member to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on principal to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on relationship_type to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on sync_tokens to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "sync_tokens" does not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on sync_changes to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "sync_changes" does not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on grants to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "grants" does not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on dav_principal to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "dav_principal" does not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on access_ticket to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "access_ticket" does not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on dav_binding to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "dav_binding" does not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on calendar_alarm to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "calendar_alarm" does not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on calendar_attendee to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "calendar_attendee" does not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on addressbook_resource to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "addressbook_resource" does not
exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on addressbook_address_adr to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "addressbook_address_adr" does
not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on addressbook_address_tel to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "addressbook_address_tel" does
not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE on addressbook_address_email to
davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "addressbook_address_email" does
not exist
GRANT SELECT,UPDATE on relationship_type_rt_id_seq to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,UPDATE on dav_id_seq to davical_app
WARNING: no privileges were granted for "dav_id_seq"
GRANT SELECT,UPDATE on usr_user_no_seq to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,UPDATE on roles_role_no_seq to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,UPDATE on session_session_id_seq to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,UPDATE on principal_type_principal_type_id_seq to davical_app
GRANT SELECT,UPDATE on sync_tokens_sync_token_seq to davical_app
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: relation "sync_tokens_sync_token_seq"
does not exist
GRANT SELECT,INSERT on time_zone to davical_app
GRANT SELECT on supported_locales to davical_app
GRANT SELECT on awl_db_revision to davical_app
GRANT SELECT on principal_type to davical_app
Database permissions updated.

Usually these upgrades go pretty happily - I've also tried the
davical_app user but unable to get anything further. Is there perhaps an
ownership issue happening in sections of the database here?

Any help offered would be great

--

*Jesse Stevens*
Cake Industries

/In /dev/null, no one can hear you scream/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Problems upgrading database [ In reply to ]
On 31/08/10 11:45, jesse at cake wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I'm upgrading a server from version 0.9.6 to the current 0.9.9 series
> and when trying to upgrade the database after installation I'm facing
> this problem running the command:

*snip*

yup all sorted now - ended up running the upgrade as postgres user and
then correcting permissions afterwards - strange behaviour though

Jesse
Problems upgrading database [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 11:45 +1000, jesse at cake wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I'm upgrading a server from version 0.9.6 to the current 0.9.9 series
> and when trying to upgrade the database after installation I'm facing
> this problem running the command:

> ./update-davical-database --dbname=davical --dbuser=davical_dba
> --debug
> Using database: davical_dba%@dbi:Pg:dbname=davical
> The database is version 8.3 currently at revision 1.2.5.
> Looking at patches[0] (1.1.2.sql)
> Patch 1.1.2.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[1] (1.1.3.sql)
> Patch 1.1.3.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[2] (1.1.4.sql)
> Patch 1.1.4.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[3] (1.1.5.sql)
> Patch 1.1.5.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[4] (1.1.6.sql)
> Patch 1.1.6.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[5] (1.1.7.sql)
> Patch 1.1.7.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[6] (1.1.8.sql)
> Patch 1.1.8.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[7] (1.1.9.sql)
> Patch 1.1.9.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[8] (1.1.10.sql)
> Patch 1.1.10.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[9] (1.1.11.sql)
> Patch 1.1.11.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[10] (1.1.11a.sql)
> Patch 1.1.11a.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[11] (1.1.12.sql)
> Patch 1.1.12.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[12] (1.1.12a.sql)
> Patch 1.1.12a.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[13] (1.2.1.sql)
> Patch 1.2.1.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[14] (1.2.1a.sql)
> Patch 1.2.1a.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[15] (1.2.1b.sql)
> Patch 1.2.1b.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[16] (1.2.2.sql)
> Patch 1.2.2.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[17] (1.2.3.sql)
> Patch 1.2.3.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[18] (1.2.3a.sql)
> Patch 1.2.3a.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[19] (1.2.4.sql)
> Patch 1.2.4.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[20] (1.2.5.sql)
> Patch 1.2.5.sql has already been applied.
> Looking at patches[21] (1.2.6.sql)
> Applying patch 1.2.6.sql ... Failed to apply revision 1.2.6.sql to the
> database!
> failed!
> psql:./patches/1.2.6.sql:53: ERROR: must be owner of function
> legacy_privilege_to_bits

It looks like you're trying to apply the update as a different DB user
than the DB user that created the function some versions ago...

The quick hack is to run the update as the database superuser, which
will hopefully correct the problem for the future, but which
realistically probably means that the functions are still owned by the
postgres user, and just defers the problem until next time.

Unfortunately psql does not seem to be too good at listing the owners of
functions, so to find the wrongly owned functions you would need to do
something like the following:

SELECT proowner, proname, prolang, pronamespace
FROM pg_proc WHERE pronamespace > 20;

This should show you a list of the functions that DAViCal has defined,
along with a 'proowner' column which is an index into the pg_usr table.

SELECT usename, usesysid FROM pg_user;

To find the username/proowner mapping.

Then (as DB superuser) you could:

BEGIN;
UPDATE pg_proc SET proowner = ??? WHERE pronamespace = !!!;

??? needs to be set to the usesysid value for davical_dba
!!! needs to be set to the pronamespace identified in the first select
statement

Then you can do the first SELECT above, again. If you've screwed up (or
I have) then you can cancel the transaction with:

ROLLBACK;

Or alternatively if everything looks correct now you should be able to
finalise the transaction:

COMMIT;

Potentially this process could hose your database somewhat, so having a
backup might be a good idea :-)

Another way to change the ownership of those functions (if you know
which ones they are) would be to use the PostgreSQL commands to do so:

ALTER FUNCTION function( argtype [, argtype, ...] ) OWNER TO
davical_dba;

The problem is this requires you to know what all the arguments are and
so forth. A pain.

I can try and add some code to fix this kind of problem into the
database update script, but it's not a priority for me right now.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Exercise caution in your daily affairs.