Mailing List Archive

creating read-only calendars off read-write calendar
I created a calendar and access it using iCAL. I created a series of events.

What I want to do is make the calendar readable by anyone so that they can
put it in a URL and username/pass that I provide and see all of the events
but not modify them, delete them or create new events.

I tried to use the Davical admin to create a linked account but it just does
not work. What could I be doing wrong? Or is there a better approach.

Basically:

Calendar A - http://davical.fadethepublic.com/nfl username nfl, password:
XXXXX
Calendar B - read only version of calendar A. url:
http://davical.fadethepublic.com/nfl_readonly username nfl_readonly,
password: XXYY

but all elements in Calendar B are actually read-only events of calendar A.
Is this possible? I want 1000 users or more to be able to access calendar B
with the same URL, username and password combo but only me to have access to
Calendar A.

Please response to this list and amit at greathills dot com. I really
appreciate any help.