Mailing List Archive

"Publicly Readable" not working in Lightning?
Hi,

a calendar which is marked as "Publicly Readable" is not accessible in
Lightning (tested with 0.9 and 1.0b2).
Whereas I can download the calendar in a browser just fine (after
authentication of course - "Publicly" means "by any user" not
"worldwide", right?), Lightning just shows the yellow exclamation mark
and "DAV_NOT_DAV" and "READ_FAILED" errors in error log.

CalDAV: recv: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<error xmlns="DAV:">
<need-privileges>
<resource>
<href>/davical/caldav.php/foo%40bar/home/</href>
<privilege>
<read/>
</privilege>
</resource>
</need-privileges>
</error>

Is this a known issue?

Marc
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
"Publicly Readable" not working in Lightning? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 16:26 +0200, Marc Patermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a calendar which is marked as "Publicly Readable" is not accessible in
> Lightning (tested with 0.9 and 1.0b2).
> Whereas I can download the calendar in a browser just fine (after
> authentication of course - "Publicly" means "by any user" not
> "worldwide", right?), Lightning just shows the yellow exclamation mark
> and "DAV_NOT_DAV" and "READ_FAILED" errors in error log.
>
> CalDAV: recv: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
> <error xmlns="DAV:">
> <need-privileges>
> <resource>
> <href>/davical/caldav.php/foo%40bar/home/</href>
> <privilege>
> <read/>
> </privilege>
> </resource>
> </need-privileges>
> </error>
>

> Is this a known issue?

Hi Marc,

'Publicly Readable' is a special privilege that means the calendar is
accessible without authentication when using the 'public.php' in place
of 'caldav.php'. The URL explicitly does not support any DAV operations
which can modify data.

And yes: it means 'worldwide' :-)

If you just want to give read access to all logged-in users then you
should use normal privileges to grant that.

Cheers,
Andrew.
You are confused; but this is your normal state.