Mailing List Archive

Fw: New release of webcal
My reply sent to Vincent off-list.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:19:56 +0200
From: Michael Rasmussen <mir@datanom.net>
To: Vincent Van Houtte <vvh at synergylaw.be>
Subject: Re: [DAViCal-general] New release of webcal

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:16:01 +0200
Vincent Van Houtte <vvh at synergylaw.be> wrote:

> server: localhost
This is correct if the database server is running on the same host as
webcal
> port: 5432
Standard port which PostgresQL listens on.
> db name: <is this the name of the davical db or a name for a new db?>
This should be an existing database. Here you would normally enter
template1
> pg dba: postgres <this is the owner of all pgsql db's, right?>
On Debian the user postgres is not assigned a password and normally it
shouldn't have a password. Create a user with admin rights using the
convenience application createuser like this:
1) log in as root
2) su - postgres
3) createuser --superuser --pwprompt --encrypted Your_preferred_username

In the file pg_hba.conf the following line should be present:
host all all your_local_network/24 md5

your_local_network = the network address your server is member of.

> pg dba pw: <hidden>
Here enter the username you used above
> password for user admin: <this has to be the pw used by the davical
> admin, right?>

Here you enter the password for the webcal admin user which is the one
you must login as when you want to administrate webcal users (create,
update, delete, and reset password). Username for this user is admin.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
But, for my own part, it was Greek to me.
-- William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen