Mailing List Archive

Any way to send email alert about upcoming calendar event?
Am 27.01.2010 13:59, schrieb Terry Carmen:
>> On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 12:49 -0500, Terry Carmen wrote:
>>> Various clients have a way to send alerts about upcoming events, however
>>> this isn't helpful when the client is offline.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to send email alerts from the davical server (maybe
>>> have cron check every few minutes for upcoming events?)
>>
>> Hi Terry,
>>
>> I don't know of anything that anyone has written to do this, but it
>> shouldn't be too tricky.
>>
>> If I were to approach it I would tend to do a periodic query to select
>> the things that will need notifying in the coming X minutes for a given
>> calendar.
>
> Thanks, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't hiding somehwere and I was just
> missing it.

Here comes a sample implementation to be called every 5min by cron. It
currently cannot display the exact time of the next event alerted if
this is a repeated event.

Michael
Any way to send email alert about upcoming calendar event? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 06:54 +0200, michael-dev at fami-braun.de wrote:

> >> Hi Terry,
> >>
> >> I don't know of anything that anyone has written to do this, but it
> >> shouldn't be too tricky.
> >>
> >> If I were to approach it I would tend to do a periodic query to select
> >> the things that will need notifying in the coming X minutes for a given
> >> calendar.
> >
> > Thanks, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't hiding somehwere and I was just
> > missing it.
>
> Here comes a sample implementation to be called every 5min by cron. It
> currently cannot display the exact time of the next event alerted if
> this is a repeated event.

Awesome - thanks for helping!

For my 2c I can add that in 0.9.9.1 there will also be a PHP script
(runnable from the command-line) which will update the calendar_alarm
table to reschedule alarm instances for repeating events.

Do you mind if I drop your script into the scripts directory in DAViCal
as well?

Cheers,
Andrew.
If you can read this, you're too close.

Am 03.06.2010 09:21, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> Do you mind if I drop your script into the scripts directory in DAViCal
> as well?

I don't mind.

Regards,
Michael