Mailing List Archive

[SPAM] Debian Lenny, davical upgrade to 0.9.9 - cannot write to calendar?
Le 24/04/2010 01:22, Tony Sequeira a ?crit :
> I use the standard repository http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian.
>
> After the upgrade, the calendar is unwritable, with no errors I can
> see. Creating an event seems to go OK,
> but the event never appears in the calendar.
>
> Client Thunderbird 2.0.0.24 (Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10), with Lightning
> 0.9 installed from Ubuntu's repository. Lightning build 2009100813.
>
> This was working well, until the upgrade last weekend, since when I
> cannot create an event.
>
> Responding to an invitation, pops up an empty dialogue box 'Which
> calendar do you want to import these items into?', no calendar to
> select. If I disable read-only on one of my other web calendars, the
> event appears to get created in that web-calendar.
>
> I've done the usual search, with no result.
>
> The only thing I recall going awry with the upgrade was me running the
> database upgrade script twice. Long story.l
>
> How do I track this down?
>
> Regards.

Hi,

I'm using the same repository with debian lenny.

I had some problems to upgrade the database : running
update-davical-database script gave me a lot of errors about permissions.

I have to connect to my database with the postgres user and manualy
change the owner of some tables ("principal", "sync_tokens",
"sync_changes" and "grants") to davical_dba (these tables was owned by
postgres).

Perhaps you are experiencing the same problem.

--
Fabien Zouaoui

[SPAM] Debian Lenny, davical upgrade to 0.9.9 - cannot write to calendar? [ In reply to ]
[...]

S. Anthony Sequeira
++
Default, n.:
The hardware's, of course.
++
[SPAM] Debian Lenny, davical upgrade to 0.9.9 - cannot write to calendar? [ In reply to ]
Le 24/04/2010 11:54, Fabien Zouaoui a ?crit :

> I'm using the same repository with debian lenny.
>
> I had some problems to upgrade the database : running
> update-davical-database script gave me a lot of errors about permissions.
>
> I have to connect to my database with the postgres user and manualy
> change the owner of some tables ("principal", "sync_tokens",
> "sync_changes" and "grants") to davical_dba (these tables was owned by
> postgres).
>
> Perhaps you are experiencing the same problem.

I forgot something :

I had to drop the view "dav_principal" and run the update script to
re-create it with the correct ownership.

--
Fabien Zouaoui