Mailing List Archive

Invitations not working.
Hello.

I'm using DAViCal 0.9.9-0 on Debian Lenny. The client side is
Thunderbird 3.0 w/ Lightning 1.0b1 (Linux). I can't make the
invitations working. I've tried everything that came to mind, but I
never get an invitation mail from the event creator. I've set full
permissions (default and/or principal) to both parties. I've sent
invitations to users with the calendar in DAViCal (free/busy is working)
and to users that don't. Nobody gets the invitation. I don't know where
else to look. Where can I get more information on how the invitation
system works. Who is responsible for sending invitations (the DAViCal
server or the client - Lightning/Thunderbird)?

The interesting part is, that this feature seemed to work a week ago
when I installed the system for testing (I've sent an invitation to
myself and I received an email). Now even if I invite myself I don't get
the mail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Edi
--
Edi ?UC
t +386.15181800
Invitations not working. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 18:47 +0200, Edi ?UC wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm using DAViCal 0.9.9-0 on Debian Lenny. The client side is
> Thunderbird 3.0 w/ Lightning 1.0b1 (Linux). I can't make the
> invitations working. I've tried everything that came to mind, but I
> never get an invitation mail from the event creator. I've set full
> permissions (default and/or principal) to both parties. I've sent
> invitations to users with the calendar in DAViCal (free/busy is
> working) and to users that don't. Nobody gets the invitation. I don't
> know where else to look. Where can I get more information on how the
> invitation system works. Who is responsible for sending invitations
> (the DAViCal server or the client - Lightning/Thunderbird)?

Hi Edi,

With Lightning (as I understand it) the mail client should be sending
the invitation message - it isn't done on the server, and they have not
yet implemented support for CalDAV scheduling, although there have been
plans to for some time.

> The interesting part is, that this feature seemed to work a week ago
> when I installed the system for testing (I've sent an invitation to
> myself and I received an email). Now even if I invite myself I don't
> get the mail.

It is possible that in adding the support for server-side invitation
processing, that something is going wrong with lightning, both failing
to correctly do the server-side process, and also failing to realise it
should do it client-side :-(

I'll see if I can duplicate the problem here.

> Any help would be appreciated.

Exactly what the Mozilla folk are saying too! :-)

Cheers,
Andrew.

What happened last night can happen again.