Mailing List Archive

DAViCal and Apple (was: Re: DAViCal 1.1.4 and AWL 0.56 released)
On 1/13/16 8:49 AM, Vincent Van Houtte wrote:

> If I made it sound like that, it was not intentionally. But you know as
> well as I do that without the Apple/iOS patches in 1.1.3(.1), this
> application (admittedly, this word would have been better suited than
> 'piece of software') would become obsolete quite easily

I could use some clarification on DAViCal and OS X/iOS issues.

I'm currently on 1.1.2 with some patches (details below). It mostly
works OK with OS X and iOS devices, with two exceptions:

- After a reminder is marked completed on OS X, iOS devices do not
update task state. The reminder continues to appear as uncompleted on
lock screens and in the Reminders app.

- On OS X, Calendar.app allows new events to be created, but does not
send invitations to invitees. Perhaps this is due to the use of
Thunderbird rather than Mail.app as the OS X mail client, and is
unrelated to DAViCal; I'm not sure. With the Lightning extension to
Thunderbird, invitations go out as expected.

My DAViCal system runs 1.1.2 from FreeBSD ports on FreeBSD 10.2 with Ján
Máte's 20130514 patches and the handle_remote_attendees GitHub branch to
deal with OS X El Capitan.

I also just built a Debian 8.2 (jessie) system with DAViCal 1.1.3.1-1
from packages, but see the same two issues described above.

The OS X and iOS devices run current code (10.11.2 and 9.2 respectively).

Thanks in advance for clues on resolving these issues. DAViCal works
really well, except for these remaining nits.

dn