to test with davical.

I am willing to provide a test installation.

Does anybody of you have any recommendation on how to thoroughly harden
davical?

I do not mean hardening Debian -- only POSTGRESQL and DAVICAL for the
purpose of a semi-public test-installation.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Lukas

Re: Hardening a davical Test-Server [ In reply to ]
Salut Cyril

Thanks for your reply.

On 21.03.2015 23:16, Cyril Giraud wrote:
> Do you mean installing DaviCal for testing ?

Yes: I would like to provide a test-instance to anybody that adds value
to the community, i.e. if somebody provides a client functionality, for
example for Thunderbird (Lightning) and needs a test-instance of davical.

> Then, you can get davical from debian packages (recommended) or
> directly from our git repository for more up-to-date release:
> https://gitlab.com/davical-project/davical/network/master
>
> I suggest you to get "pristine-tar data for
> davical_1.1.3.1.orig.tar.xz" which is our last stable release.
>
> You will need Postgresql database and apache web server as well.
>
> Your feedback about installation from debian packages is welcome!

Debian and its package have been my primaries since late 1998. Davical
is installed from stable-backports without problems in a kvm. Debian
and the kvm are hardened by a minimalistic kernel, minimalistic
installation, iptables and partial mandatory access control based on
SELinux. The kvm itself is isolated logically from the rest of my cluster.

What I would like to check with you and this mailing list is whether
there exist any particular hints and tweaks that harden davical to the
extent that I can make this free-of-charge offering available to the
developers.

Can you elaborate on particular hardening measures to strengthen davical
and postgresql?

Thanks
Lukas