Mailing List Archive

Debian / Ubuntu installation from Repository?
Hello!

In the past (using Andrew's versions), I could specify Andrew's Debian
repository in the /etc/apt/sources.list, like:

deb http://debian.mcmillan.net.nz/debian stable awm

I'm wondering if something similar is still supported?
That means: What is the address of the new DaviCAL repository?

Or do I have to install it by hand? If so, where do I find the
Debian packages? I did not find anything in the Wiki.

Regards
Sven

--
Sven Anders <anders@anduras.de> () UTF-8 Ribbon Campaign
/\ Support plain text e-mail

- Benjamin Franklin
Re: Debian / Ubuntu installation from Repository? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Davical is included in Debian and Ubuntu for some time now:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=davical&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=davical&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

Best regards,

Armin

Re: Debian / Ubuntu installation from Repository? [ In reply to ]
Hi Sven,

the current package in Debian's testing repository (Jessie) is about as
actual as it gets (1.1.3). You could try and install that version on
your Debian Wheezy by adding the repository to your 'sources.list' and
specifying it in your aptitude command (-t testing). If you choose that
way don't forget to specify Wheezy as your Default Release, otherwise
the next upgrade will try to update every package in your installation.

It might be easier to go with Wheezy's 1.1.1 and applying Jan Mate's
(http://www.inf-it.com/davical/) patches manually. The result should
differ only marginally from what's on gitlab at the moment and works
flawless for most of us in our productive environments.

If you need the very latest version you'll have to clone the git
repository from gitlab - https://gitlab.com/groups/davical-project and
configure it manually. You'll need both, the DAViCal Server as well as
the AWL Libraries (Debian does that for you as the packages depend on
each other).

Best,
Paul