client?

I have installed davical, but have not been able to successfully invite
other users (Tried iCal and even Sunbird).

Thank you,
Tobias

--
Tobias Balle-Petersen
Kontrapunkt Group / System Administrator
Davical & Apple's iCal calendar client. [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 14:29 +0100, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> I am currently using Apple's calendar server (on debian) and iCal
> clients on OS X (Clients have access to lookup users with calendars in
> an Open Directory (LDAP database)).
>
> I would like to move away from that setup, and use iCal clients with
> davical and get rid of the apple-formatted LDAP database.
>
> So I'm wondering:
> Will davical allow invites, free/busy etc to work with Apple's iCal
> client?
>
> I have installed davical, but have not been able to successfully invite
> other users (Tried iCal and even Sunbird).

That's correct. At present DAViCal does not support the draft
scheduling extensions for CalDAV, which is what iCal uses (iCal3 follows
draft 3, I think, and iCal4 follows draft 7 or so).

We're working on it, and we're expecting to see draft 9 any day now,
too, since draft 8 just expired a week or so ago...

I'm hoping to release a 0.9.9 when we get the draft scheduling support
in there.

Cheers,
Andrew.

You are fighting for survival in your own sweet and gentle way.

Davical & Apple's iCal calendar client. [ In reply to ]
Hello Andrew.

Thank you for your answer. Appreciated.

Tobias

Davical & Apple's iCal calendar client. [ In reply to ]
Hello Tobias,

I want to use DAViCal with Mac OS X iCal clients, too.
Why is your experience with Apple's calendar server so bad?

Frank