I tried with backing up in /usr/share dir, but admin screen went blank and rpm on suse told some postgres warnings. I retracted.

regards

pbk

Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft?s powerful SPAM protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469226/direct/01/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
want to upgrade from 0.9.6 [ In reply to ]
On 02/23/2010 07:28 PM, Prabhakar Raju wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to upgrade to current, but have some data now. Please tell the steps so that I can fall back in case something doesn't work.
> I tried with backing up in /usr/share dir, but admin screen went blank and rpm on suse told some postgres warnings. I retracted.
>
> regards
>
> pbk

First of all : BACKUP BACKUP did I mention Backups .-)

There's two way ( saving db with a pg_dump ) and also by calendar exporting to ics files.

You didn't mention your pg version : which I'm not wrong for the last version of davical should ideally be >= 8.2

Can you tell me more about the suse version you are using ?

If you are not yet using davical-dba davical-user as db roles, I would do a ics cal dump.
and start from clean db (if possible : depend how much user you have )

Some weeks ago, on the mailing list their a message about scripts helping in backup (you can issue a search about that)

--

Bruno Friedmann