Mailing List Archive

Release 0.9.8.2 out now
Hi Everyone,

I've just released version 0.9.8.2 (along with AWL version 0.41) which
should really finish the transition started with 0.9.8, and hopefully
remove the last rough edges and 'minor' bugs that were still present in
0.9.8.1.

Most of the changes in this version are in the admin user interface,
especially around collection maintenance, where it is possible now to
set a collection back to inheriting it's default privileges from the
principal level.

It is also possible now to delete collections or principals, and (once
more) to load them from a .ics file, and so the link to the old user
maintenance screens has been removed (the screens themselves will be
removed in the next version).

Full release notes are, as usual, here:

http://wiki.davical.org/w/Release_Notes/0.9.8.2

I hope that this new release is a return to the stability that has
unfortunately been missing from the last couple of releases as a
consequence of the huge levels of change between 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 series,
and I believe that this is a 'safe' upgrade for everyone.

I'll push packages to sourceforge later in the week, and notifications
on freshmeat, unless I wake up tomorrow morning with egg all over my
face :-)

I'm currently not intending to make further significant functionality
changes in the 0.9.8.x series now, which should simply be bug fixes and
translation updates from this point, while more radical development
(though nothing like as radical as 0.9.8 was) moves into a 0.9.9 series.

Regards,
Andrew McMillan.

http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/ Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
Do nothing unless you must, and when you must act: hesitate.