Mailing List Archive

Displayname versus Fullname, Locale, Permissions
Hi,

when editing a resource using admin.php (User Functions => List
Resources => Link), I can set a fullname (but no locale).
Though, the column "displayname" in "User Functions => List Resources"
remains empty. Editing using usr.php ("User Functions" => Link) also
lets me edit a full name but no display name (but lets me edit a locale).

Secondly, is there a difference between the grants returned by usr.php
and those returned by admin.php? They seem pretty distinct to me.
Namely, I've created a shared resource and used usr.php to grant
permissions to two users. These grants show up in usr.php only. Then, I
used admin.php to add grants. These don't show up in usr.php.

Sincerely,
AZ

Displayname versus Fullname, Locale, Permissions [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2010-02-06 at 17:02 +0100, michael-dev at fami-braun.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when editing a resource using admin.php (User Functions => List
> Resources => Link), I can set a fullname (but no locale).
> Though, the column "displayname" in "User Functions => List Resources"
> remains empty. Editing using usr.php ("User Functions" => Link) also
> lets me edit a full name but no display name (but lets me edit a locale).
>
> Secondly, is there a difference between the grants returned by usr.php
> and those returned by admin.php? They seem pretty distinct to me.
> Namely, I've created a shared resource and used usr.php to grant
> permissions to two users. These grants show up in usr.php only. Then, I
> used admin.php to add grants. These don't show up in usr.php.

Yep. Permissions are now all controlled by the Grants / Groups, and no
longer by the relationships. I'm sorry if it's a little confusing, but
I'll get it cleaned up as soon as I can :-)

The ones using admin.php are what you should be using, unless it's for
either:
* setting a user to have admin privileges.

Cheers,
Andrew.

You have a strong appeal for members of the opposite sex.

> Yep. Permissions are now all controlled by the Grants / Groups, and no
> longer by the relationships. I'm sorry if it's a little confusing, but
> I'll get it cleaned up as soon as I can :-)

Thanks a lot :)

AZ