Mailing List Archive

Events seem to be filtered by workstation
On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 11:31 -0500, Terry Carmen wrote:
> I may just not be understanding what davical is supposed to be doing, or have
> configured it incorrectly, but for some reason, events (Calendar events, ToDo
> itmes, etc.) seem to be completely seperate lists when viewed from different
> workstations.
>
> For example, I made a big ToDo list in Evolution on my laptop at work, then
> came home and found nothing when viewed from Evolution from my home
> workstation.
>
> I checked the database, and all the events from both workstations are in the
> calendar_item table and the caldav_data table, however they seem to be
> filtered somehow when shown on the workstations.
>
> There are only two users in the usr table (admin and the user I'm testing with).
>
> Is there something else I should be checking? Is there a setting somewhere to
> keep items created on different workstations separate?
>
> Is there an easy way to set it to log the debug messages so I can see what
> it's doing?

Something odd is happening, because this is exactly what CalDAV is
designed to let you do (maintaining the events from two separate
locations).

In Evolution the configuration for task lists via caldav needs to be
maintained separately to the configuration for events via caldav, even
if the data itself is in the same calendar collection in DAViCal. I
expect you've already worked that out, though.

Another possible thing to check is that your database tables are
up-to-date by running the dba/update-davical-database script.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Avoid gunfire in the bathroom tonight.