Any hints?

Thanks once again

Hanns
Iphone as Client [ In reply to ]
Hi Hanns,

on my side, I use https://my.server.ch/caldav.php/myuser, and then I
see all my calendars.

(iPhone 3G running 3.1.2)

Charles

Iphone as Client [ In reply to ]
hi all,

Charles Bueche schrieb:
> on my side, I use https://my.server.ch/caldav.php/myuser, and then I
> see all my calendars.

yes there was a problem using a self-signed cert on my server.
i dont remember exactly what i did bus the cert has to be accepted.
if the iphone caldav-client does not ask you to accept the cert try to
point your safari-browser to https://my.server.ch/ and accept the cert.

and i acknoledge the URL: https://my.server.ch/caldav.php/myuser
do not put the ressource (e.g. /.../myuser/home) into the url.

additionaly check the port number.
it switches to 8443 instead of 443 (because its the default ssl-port of
apple's caldav server implementation) when activating SSL

> (iPhone 3G running 3.1.2)

running on iphone 3g 3.1.2 & 2g 3.1.1

--
netcar24 GmbH
Christoph Steidl

Systems Engineer

Technologiezentrum Koblenz
Universit?tsstrasse 3
56070 Koblenz

Gesch?ftsf?hrer / CEO: Michael Deuse
Gesch?ftsf?hrer / CTO: Karsten Stoppe
Amtsgericht Koblenz HRB 20055

HOTLINE. 01805 - 808 444 (14Cent/min)
aus dem deutschen Festnetz, Mobilfunkpreise k?nnen abweichen
FAX. 02 61 - 88 543 50

cs at netcar24.com
www.netcar24.com
www.re-fleet.com

Autohausverwaltung f?r Profis
Softwaresolutions for automotive retail

Diese E-Mail enth?lt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich gesch?tzte
E-Mail irrt?mlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort
netcar24 und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify netcar24 immediately and delete this email from your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.
Although this message was scanned for viruses before being sent, the
company accepts no liability for any loss, damage or expense resulting
directly or indirectly from the access of this e-mail or any attached
files.

Iphone as Client [ In reply to ]
On Jan 18, 2010, at 11:49, Christoph Steidl wrote:

> if the iphone caldav-client does not ask you to accept the cert try to
> point your safari-browser to https://my.server.ch/ and accept the
> cert.

right, and this trick is sometimes needed on the Mac as well, if you
accept a self-signed cert with Safari, it is stored to the right place
so iCal doesn't bark on it. Worked for my Zimbra caldav server tests.

Charles
Iphone as Client [ In reply to ]
Hei,

Christoph Steidl <chris at netcar24.com> schrieb:

>Charles Bueche schrieb:
>> on my side, I use https://my.server.ch/caldav.php/myuser, and then I
>> see all my calendars.
>
>yes there was a problem using a self-signed cert on my server.
>i dont remember exactly what i did bus the cert has to be accepted.
>if the iphone caldav-client does not ask you to accept the cert try to
>point your safari-browser to https://my.server.ch/ and accept the cert.
>
>and i acknoledge the URL: https://my.server.ch/caldav.php/myuser
>do not put the ressource (e.g. /.../myuser/home) into the url.
>
>additionaly check the port number.
>it switches to 8443 instead of 443 (because its the default ssl-port of
>apple's caldav server implementation) when activating SSL
>[...]

Thank You, Sirs,

it works. After correcting the url to
https://mein.ser.ver:443/caldav.php/my%40user.de the Iphone is now up
and running.

Merci

Hanns
Iphone as Client [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 21:56 +0100, Hanns Mattes wrote:
> Hei,
>
> me again.
>
> Davical up and runinng. Sunbird/Thunderbird Lightning is working
> perfectly, but i'm a bit confused, how to set up an Iphone (OS 3.1, I
> think). Following the instructions in the wiki, I end up with an error
> in account-Confirmation.
>
> Just to be sure: Application url should be (accountnames are E-Mail-Addresses):
> https://my.server.de/caldav.php/my at account.name/home/ ? (Iphone ist
> suggesting somethin like
> https://my.server.de:443/principal/users/my%40account.name
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks once again

Hi Hannes,

You may well want to add a ':443' or ':80' in there - the iPhone
defaults to looking at port 8443 for SSL or port 8008 for unencrypted
traffic, and from memory I don't think it looks at 80 or 443 unless you
specify them explicitly.

So if you're running on the default Apache port, without SSL, then you
probably will want to specify:

http://my.server.de:80/caldav.php/my at account.name/home/

Or, with SSL:

https://my.server.de:443/caldav.php/my at account.name/home/

If you are using e-mail addresses for usernames then it's possible you
need to do the urlencoding of '@' into '%40', although I did think that
the iPhone does that for you.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?
A: A stick.