Mailing List Archive

iCal->DavICal Connections Failing After OS X Upgrade to Snow Leopard
On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 16:27 -0500, Klaus Sonnenleiter wrote:
> I just upgraded one of my Macs to Snow Leopard and noticed that iCal
> now refuses to connect to my DavICal installation. All the other Macs
> are still running 10.5.7 and they are running fine. I know Apple made
> some modifications to iCal in this release but I thought it was mostly
> around Exchange compatibility. Does anybody have any insight into this
> or has anyone run into this problem?

I know that there are some things that don't work with DAViCal in iCal4,
and I met with an organisation yesterday who are buying me a shiny new
Macbook in the next few days so I am better able to work through issues
with iCal4. Weta already gave me an old Powerbook, so I can test with
iCal3, and TruHearing bought me an iPhone so I can work on compatibility
with that as well.

I hadn't heard of problems with 'Connections failing' though. The main
problems I am aware of are with delegated privileges, which work very
differently to iCal3, and with scheduling, for which DAViCal only
supports free/busy enquiry at present.

I'm wanting to release 0.9.8 next week which certainly will work with
DAViCal (albeit probably still without delegations working fully) and I
expect to release a 0.9.8.1 around christmas which will add the missing
bits once I've had a chance to play with the new laptop.

Cheers,
Andrew.

http://andrew.mcmillan.net.nz/ Porirua, New Zealand
Twitter: _karora Phone: +64(272)DEBIAN
It is truth which you cannot contradict; you can without any difficulty
contradict Socrates. - Plato