-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Alternative authentication [ In reply to ]
Pokinatcha Punk wrote:
> I would like to setup my davical server to authenticate using my smtp
> server in order to keep passwords in sync for email and calendar. Can
> anyone point me to where in the code I can change how the
> authentication happens?
>
> thanks,
>
> Paul
Well what would be better is just to source the mechanism that your smtp
service is using for authentication - if on the same machine this is
possibly either PAM or LDAP. If on a different machine you will probably
need to look into perhaps moving things in the direction of LDAP so that
you can share authentication neatly across machines.

Jesse
Alternative authentication [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2009-11-22 at 15:23 -0800, Pokinatcha Punk wrote:
> I would like to setup my davical server to authenticate using my smtp
> server in order to keep passwords in sync for email and calendar. Can
> anyone point me to where in the code I can change how the
> authentication happens?

There are a few of authentication plugins that you can look at as
examples to base your own code on.

It may be that in your case you only want to perform authentication,
with the user data still sourced from the DAViCal database. In that
case you are probably best to take a look at the auth-functions.php code
from here:

http://repo.or.cz/w/davical.git/blob/HEAD:/inc/auth-functions.php

The normal approach is to include your code that does what the last
function in that file does (use any function name you want), but *don't*
make the UpdateUserFromExternal() call after the authentication
completes.

Instead, you will probably want to read the user record from the DAViCal
database, with a call like:

$usr = getUserByName( $username );

and then you'll be maintaining non-username information through the
normal DAViCal admin user interface - and to create them there too.

Regards,
Andrew McMillan.

Never look up when dragons fly overhead.